This is a two years degree course approved by the Govt. of Karnataka and is affiliated to R.G.U.H.S., Bangalore.
The course is recognized by INC (No.18-15/5381-1NC) and KNC (No.51 :2008-09).
Candidates may choose anyone of the branches of study at the time of admission.
Branch - I - Medical Surgical Nursing
Branch - II - Community Health Nursing
Branch - III - Paediatric Nursing
Branch - IV - Obstetrics & Gynaecological Nursing
Branch - V - Psychiatric Nursing
- The candidate should have passed B.Sc. Nursing (Basic) or Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing or Post Certificate B.Sc. Nursing from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataks (R.G.U.H.S.) or any other university accepted as equivalent by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka.
- Minimum of one year of experience after obtaining B.Sc. Nursing (Basic), in a Hospital or in a Nursing Educational Institution or Community Health Setting. For candidate with Post Basic B.Sc. in Nursing Degree no such experience is needed after graduation.
- Registered in State Nursing Council as a registered Nurse and registered Midwife.
Admission is subject to approval by R.G.U.H.S, Bangalore.
A request for the prospectus and application form should be made to the Secretary along with a D.D / Cash for Rs. 300/- only drawn in favour of Masood Educational and Charitable Trust(R) payable at Mangalore. Fee once paid will not be refunded. The following documents duly attested should be enclosed with the application along with originals.
- Six Photostat copies of the S.S.L.C. certificate showing the date of birth.
- Six Photostat copies of the statement of the marks of the qualifying examination. 10+2/ PDCI Pre University Examination or equivalent examination as recognized.
- Six Photostat copies of the B.Sc. Nursing or Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing or Post Certificate B.Sc. Nursing Marks Cards.
- Six Photostat copies of the Degree Certificate.
- Six Photostat copies of the Nursing Registered Certificate.
- Six Photostat copies of Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- Six Photostat copies of Transfer Certificate.
- Six Photostat copies of Migration Certificate.
- Six Photostat copies of One year experience and reliving certificate.
- Six latest passport size colour photos. One affixed to the application form and five extra.
- One copy of Medical fitness certificate from a Registered Medical Practitioner.
All original certificates submitted for admission will be retained by the college, until successful completion of the course and returned after settlement of all dues.
Students who have completed their qualifying examinations outside Karnataka should apply for an eligibility certificate to R.G.U.H.S, Bangalore in a prescribed format along with a challan of Rs 2000/- for Non-Karnataka and Rs 5000/- for N.R.I students drawn in favour of registrar, R.G.U.H.S, Bangalore for obtaining the eligibility certificate.
METHOD OF SELECTION
After scrutinizing the application received from the candidates, eligible candidates will be called for an interview. The right of selection is reserved with the management.
The candidates are required to produce the original records and certificates at the time of interview. No candidate will be admitted to the college unless he / she is found physically fit to receive training.
The course of study leading to M.Sc. Nursing degree comprises two academic years.Ist YEAR M.SC(N)
The following three subjects shall be common to all candidates irrespective of the speciality chosen:
- Nursing Education.
- Advance Nursing Practice.
- Nursing Research and Statistics.
Nursing speciality - shall be the speciality choosen by the candidate from amongst five brabches mentioned.
Subjects Theory Hours Practical Hours Nursing Education 150 150 Advance Nursing Practice 150 200 Nursing Research and Statistics 150 100 *Clinical Specialty – I 150 650 Self Study / Library - 50 TOTAL 600 1150IInd YEAR M.SC(N)
In M.Sc. (N.) IInd year the subject "Nursing Management" shall be common to all candidates irrespective of subject speciality chosen.
Subjects Theory Hours Practical Hours Nursing Management 150 150 Nursing Research (Dissertation) - 300 *Clinical Specialty – II 150 950 TOTAL 300 1400