This is Two years degree course approved by the Govt. of Karnataka and is affiliated to R.G.U.H.S., Bangalore, the course is recognized by INC (No.18-15/5869-INC) and KNC (No.282:2010-2011).
- Hold a diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery (G.N.M.).
- Be a registered nurse
- Have passed pre university examination in arts/science/commerce conducted by Department of Pre-University Education, Karnataka State or its equivalent recognized by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- Be medically fit
No candidate who is above 48 years of age on 31st December of admission shall be eligible.
Admission is subject to approval by R.G.U.H.S., Bangalore.
A request for the prospectus and application form should be made to the Secretary along with a D.D./Cash for Rs 300/- only drawn in favour of Masood Educational and Charitable Trust(R) payable at Mangalore. Fees once paid will not be refunded. The following documents duly attested should be enclosed with the application along with originals.
- Six Photostat copies of the statement of the marks of the qualifying examination General Nursing & Midwifery (G.N.M.) Board of Examination or equivalent examination as recognized by K.S.D.N.E.B, Bangalore.
- Six Photostat copies of 10+2/PDC/Pre-University examination.
- Six Photostat copies of S.S.L.C. Certificate showing the date of birth.
- Six Photostat copies of Conduct Certificate from the Institution last attended.
- Six Photostat copies of Transfer Certificate.
- Six Photostat copies of Diploma Certificate.
- Six Photostat copies of Registration Certificate.
- Six Photostat copies of Course Completion Certificate.
- Six Photostat copies of Migration Certificate.
- Six latest Passport size colour photos. One affixed to the application form and five extra.
- One copy of Medical fitness certificate from a Registered medical Practitioner.
All Original certificates submitted for admission will be retained by the college, until successful completion of the course and returned after settlement of all dues.
Students who have completed their qualifying examinations outside Karnataka should apply for an Eligibility Certificate to R.G.U.H.S., Bangalore in a prescribed format along with a challan of ~ 1,000/- for Non Karnataka and ~ 5,000/- for N.R.I students drawn in favour of Registrar R.G.U.H.S. Bangalore, for obtaining the Eligibility Certificate.
METHOD OF SELECTION
After scrutinizing the application received from the candidates, eligible candidates will be called for an interview. The right of selection is reserved with the Management.
The candidates are required to produce the original records and certificates at the time of interview. No candidate will be admitted to the school unless he/she is found physically fit to receive training.
The course of study leading to P. B. B.Sc. (N.) degree comprises two academic year.
A candidate should undergo the course of instruction in the following subjects.First Year
Sl.No. Subjects Theory Hours Practical Hours 1 Nursing Foundation 45 - 2 Nutrition & Dietetics 30 15 3 Biochemistry & Biophysics 60 - 4 Psychology 60 15 5 Microbiology 60 30 6 Maternal Nursing 60 240 7 Child Health Nursing 60 240 8 Medical & Surgical Nursing 90 270 9 English (Qualifying) 60 - TOTAL 525 810Second Year Sl.No. Subjects Theory Hours PracticalHours 1 Sociology 60 - 2 Community Health Nursing 60 240 3 Mental Health Nursing 60 240 4 Introduction to Nursing Education 60 75 5 Introduction to Nursing Administration 60 180 6 Introduction to Nursing Research & Statistics 45 120 TOTAL 345 855