This is a four and half years course including internship of six months. This course is approved by the Govt. of Karnataka and is affiliated to R.G.U.H.S., Bengaluru.
Masood college of Physiotherapy was started in the year 2018 and are presently offering courses in Bachelor of physiotherapy. The college is affiliated under R.G.U.H.S Bengaluru with an intake of 40 students.
The Institute is situated in Mangaluru, Karnataka.
College has successfully completed 1 year with the full intake and waiting to take next leap.
The main purpose of the undergraduate degree of Physiotherapy is to provide an educational programme, through which graduates will be prepared to assume the responsibility in the primary, secondary and tertiary care of people, as professional physiotherapists.
The Programme is geared to the health needs of the country, community individual and will serve as a basis for advanced study and specification. It will assist physiotherapists in their personal and professional development so that they make their maximum contribution to society as individuals, citizens and physiotherapists.
It is expected that physiotherapy graduates to be capable of teaching, supervising and of giving appropriate physiotherapists and health care in different settings.
For more information about the course contact us by email: email@example.com
To become an outstanding Physiotherapy college that provides quality education and standard health care facilities and services.
To educate students for their carrier success by cultivating excellence through focused and comprehensive training. To offer value based Physiotherapy education and evidence based physiotherapy services.
- To be recognized as one of the leading institute of higher learning in India.
- Quality management and high level of patient care.
- Health awareness and education
- Accessible rehabilitation services.
- Quality Physiotherapy education and training program for physiotherapy students.
- Ethics and accountability at all levels (clinical, professional, personal and social)
- Commitment to professional excellence.
- Social accountability and responsibility.
- Scientific attitude and scholarship
- The candidate should have passed in the Pre-university examination / PDC / 10+2 or any other equivalent examination as recognized by RGUHS, Bengaluru with aggregate of 45% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English for general candidates. The minimum marks to be secured by SC, ST and other backward categories is 40% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in qualifying examination.
Admission is subject to approval by R.G.U.H.S., Bangalore.
A Request for the prospectus and application form should be made in the college office by paying Rs 300/-. Fees once paid will not be refunded. The following documents duly attested should be enclosed with the application along with originals.
- Two Photostat copies of the statement of the marks of the qualifying examination. 10+2/ PDC / Pre-University Examination as recognized by R.G.H.U.S., Bengaluru. All original certificates submitted for admission will be retained by the college, until successful completion of the course, and returned after settlement of all dues.
Students, who have completed their qualifying examinations outside Karnataka should apply for an eligibility certificate to R.G.U.H.S., Bengaluru in a prescribed format along with a Rs. 1,000/- for non – Karnataka students, Rs. 5,000/- for N.R.I. and SARRC students, for obtaining the eligibility certificate.
METHOD OF SELECTION
After scrutinizing the application received from the candidates, eligible candidates will be called for an interview. The right of selection is reserved with the management. The Candidates are required to produce the original records and certificates at the time of interview. No candidate will be admitted to the school unless he/she is found physically fit to receive training.
The course of study leading to BPT degree comprises four academic year.1st Year BPT
Sl.No. Subject Total Hours Theory Hours Practical Hours Clinics 1 ANATOMY 240 150 90 - 2 PHYSIOLOGY 210 150 60 - 3 BIOCHEMISTRY 60 60 - - 4 BIOMECHANICS 180 90 90 - 5 PSYCHOLOGY 60 60 - - 6 SOCIOLOGY 60 60 - - Subsidiary Subjects: Not for University Examination 1 ENGLISH 60 60 - - 2 KANNADA 60 60 - - 3 BASIC NURISNG 30 20 10 - 4 ORIENTATION TO PHYSIOTHERAPY 30 30 - - 5 INTEGRATED SEMINARS / PBL SESSIONS 90 90 50 - TOTAL HOURS 1080 830 250 -IInd Year BPT Sl.No. Subject Total Hours Theory Hours Practical Hours Clinics 1 PATHOLOGY 60 45 15 - 2 MICROBIOLOGY 60 45 15 - 3 PHARMACOLOGY 60 60 - - 4 EXERCISE THERAPY 270 120 150 - 5 ELECTROTHERAPY 240 90 150 - Subsidiary subjects: Not for University Examination 1 ETHICS AND ADMIN 30 30 - - 2 FIRST AID & CPR 30 10 20 - 3 CONSTITUTION OF INDIA 30 30 - - 4 INTRODUCTION TO TREATMENT 30 30 - - 5 CLINICAL OBSERVATION POSTING 270 - - 270 Total Hours 1080 460 350 270IIIrd Year BPT Sl.No. Subject Total Hours Theory Hours Practical Hours Clinics 1 GENERAL MEDICINE 60 60 - - 2 GENERAL SURGERY 60 60 - - 3 ORTHOPEDICS & TRAUMATOLOGY 60 60 - - 4 MUSCULOSKELTAL & SPORTS PHYSIOTHERAPY 150 90 60 - 5 CARDIO RESPIRATORY & GENERAL PHYSIOTHERAPY 150 90 60 - 6 SUPERVISED ROTATORY CLINICAL TRAINING 540 - - 540 Subsidiary Subjects: Not for University Examination 1 ALLIED THERAPIES 60 60 - - TOTAL HOURS 1080 420 120 540IVth Year BPT Sl.No. Subject Total Hours Theory Hours Practical Hours Clinics 1 NEUROLOGY & NEUROSURGERY 60 60 - - 2 COMMUNITY MEDICINE 60 60 - - 3 NEURO- PHYSIOTHERAPY 150 90 60 - 4 COMMUNITY PHYSIOTHERRAPY 150 90 60 - 5 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 60 60 - - 6 SUPERVISED ROTATORY CLINICAL TRAINING 540 - - 540 Subsidiary Subjects: Not for University Examination 1 EVIDENCE BASED PHYSIOTHERAPY PRACTICE 30 20 - - 2 PROJECT 30 - 20 - TOTAL HOURS 1080 400 140 540