This is a Three years and Six Months course approved by the Govt. of Karnataka and is affiliated to Karnataka State Diploma in Nursing Examination Board, Bangalore. The Course is recognized by INC (No.18-15/1706-INC) and KNC (No. 133/07) .
The purpose of General Nursing Programme is to prepare a general nurse, who will function as a member of the health team beginning with competencies, for first level position in both hospital and community.
The Programme is geared to the health needs of the country, community and individual which will serve as a basis for advanced study and specialization in nursing. It will assist nurses in their personal and professional developments, so that they may make their maximum contribution to the society, as individuals, citizens and nurses.
The nurses completing this course will be able to:
Demonstrate competency in providing health care to individuals, sick or well, using the nursing process. Assess the nursing need of clients from birth to death.
- Plan and carry out appropriate action to meet nursing needs.
- Provide effective nursing care for maintaining the best possible level of health in all aspects.
- Promote self care to people under their care.
- Apply problem solving techniques in nursing practice.
- Evaluate effectiveness of nursing care.
- Apply knowledge from the humanities, biological and behaviourial science in functioning as a nurse.
- Function effective with members of the health team and community, apply in the knowledge of human relations and communication skills in her/his work.
- Participate as members of the health team in delivery of culture, preventive, promotive and rehabilitative health care services.
- Mobilise community resources and their involvement in working with the communities.
- Demonstrate use of ethical values in their personal and professional life.
- Demonstrate interest in activities of professional organizations.
- Recognise the need for continuing education for professional development.
- Demonstrate basic skills in teaching patients and giving nursing care to them.
- Demonstrate basic skills in administration and leadership, while working with other members of the health team and community.
- Assist in research activities.
- Demonstrate competency in providing health care to individuals, sick or well, using the nursing process. Assess the nursing need of clients from birth to death.
- Minimum Age for admission will be 17 years (as on 31st December of that year). The upper age limit is 35 years. For ANM / For LHV, there is no age bar.
- Minimum education, 10+2 class with 35% aggregate marks.
- 10+2 vocational ANM course from the school recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- ANM training i.e 10+ one and half years training should also have passed +2 or its equivalent examination.
- 5% relaxation in marks is permitted to SC/ST students.
- Students shall be medically fit.
Admission subject to approval by K.N.C.
A request for the prospectus and application form should be made to the secretary along with a D.D. for ~ 300/- only drawn in favour of Masood Educational and Charitable Trust (R) payable at Mangalore. Fees once paid will not be refunded. the following documents duly attested should be enclosed with the application along with originals.
- Six Photostat copies of the statement of marks of the qualifying examination 10+2/PDC.PreUniversity Examination or equivalent.
- Six Photostat copies of the S.S.L.C. Certificate showing the date of birth.
- Six latest passport size colour photos. One affixed to the application form and five extra.
- Six Photostat copies of Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- One copy of Medical fitness certificate from a Registered Medical Practitioner.
- Non Karnataka Candidates and Non-Resident Karnataka candidates claiming Karnataka Domicile should produce six photostat copies of domicile certificate.
- Six Photostat copies of Transfer certificate.
- Six Photostat copies of Migration certificate.
All original certificates submitted for admission will be retained by the college until successful completion of the course and returned after settlement of all dues.
METHOD OF SELECTION
After scrutinizing the application received from the candidates, eligible candidates will be called for an interview. The right of selection is reserved with the management.
The candidates are required to produce the original records and certificates at the time of interview. No candidate will be admitted to the School unless he/she is found physically fit to receive training.
The duration of the course shall be for three and half complete academic years.
A candidate should undergo the course of instruction in the following subjects.First Year
Sl.No. Subject Theory Hours & Supervised Pracice 1
- Anatomy & Physiology
Fundamentals of Nursing
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- First Aid
- Personal Hygiene
Community Health Nursing
- Community Health Nursing I
- Environmental Hygiene
- Health Education & Communication skills
Total Hours of First Year
575Second Year Sl.No. Subject Theory Hours & Supervised Pracice 1 Medical Surgical Nursing - I (including Pharmacology) 140 2 Medical Surgical Nursing -II (Specialities) 120 3 Mental Health & Psychiatric Nursing 70 4 Computer Education 30
Total Hours of Second Year
360Third Year Sl.No. Subject Theory Hours & Supervised Pracice 1 Midwifery and Gynaecology 120 2 Community Health Nursing - II 100 3 Paediatric Nursing 70
Total Hours of Third Year
290Internship Period Sl.No. Subject Theory Hours & Supervised Pracice 1 Education methods & Media for teaching in practice of Nursing 45 2 Introduction to Research 40 3 Professional Trends & Adjustment 40 4 Administration and Ward Management 45 4 Health Economics 20
Total Hours of Internship Period