This is a Three years course approved by the Govt. of Karnataka and is affiliated to Karnataka State Diploma in Nursing Examination Board, Bangalore. The Course is recognized by INC (No.18-15/1706-INC) and KNC (No. 133/07) .
The purpose of General Nursing Programme is to prepare a general nurse, who will function as a member of the health team beginning with competencies, for first level position in both hospital and community.
The Programme is geared to the health needs of the country, community and individual which will serve as a basis for advanced study and specialization in nursing. It will assist nurses in their personal and professional developments, so that they may make their maximum contribution to the society, as individuals, citizens and nurses.
The nurses completing this course will be able to:
Demonstrate competency in providing health care to individuals, sick or well, using the nursing process. Assess the nursing need of clients from birth to death.
- Plan and carry out appropriate action to meet nursing needs.
- Provide effective nursing care for maintaining the best possible level of health in all aspects.
- Promote self care to people under their care.
- Apply problem solving techniques in nursing practice.
- Evaluate effectiveness of nursing care.
- Apply knowledge from the humanities, biological and behaviourial science in functioning as a nurse.
- Function effective with members of the health team and community, apply in the knowledge of human relations and communication skills in her/his work.
- Participate as members of the health team in delivery of culture, preventive, promotive and rehabilitative health care services.
- Mobilise community resources and their involvement in working with the communities.
- Demonstrate use of ethical values in their personal and professional life.
- Demonstrate interest in activities of professional organizations.
- Recognise the need for continuing education for professional development.
- Demonstrate basic skills in teaching patients and giving nursing care to them.
- Demonstrate basic skills in administration and leadership, while working with other members of the health team and community.
- Assist in research activities.
- Demonstrate competency in providing health care to individuals, sick or well, using the nursing process. Assess the nursing need of clients from birth to death.
- Minimum Age for admission will be 17 years (as on 31st December of that year). The upper age limit is 35 years. For ANM / For LHV, there is no age bar.
- Minimum education, 10+2 class with 35% aggregate marks.
- 10+2 vocational ANM course from the school recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- ANM training i.e 10+ one and half years training should also have passed +2 or its equivalent examination.
- 5% relaxation in marks is permitted to SC/ST students.
- Students shall be medically fit.
Admission subject to approval by K.N.C.
A request for the prospectus and application form should be made to the secretary along with a D.D. for ~ 300/- only drawn in favour of Masood Educational and Charitable Trust (R) payable at Mangalore. Fees once paid will not be refunded. the following documents duly attested should be enclosed with the application along with originals.
- Six Photostat copies of the statement of marks of the qualifying examination 10+2/PDC.PreUniversity Examination or equivalent.
- Six Photostat copies of the S.S.L.C. Certificate showing the date of birth.
- Six latest passport size colour photos. One affixed to the application form and five extra.
- Six Photostat copies of Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- One copy of Medical fitness certificate from a Registered Medical Practitioner.
- Non Karnataka Candidates and Non-Resident Karnataka candidates claiming Karnataka Domicile should produce six photostat copies of domicile certificate.
- Six Photostat copies of Transfer certificate.
- Six Photostat copies of Migration certificate.
All original certificates submitted for admission will be retained by the college until successful completion of the course and returned after settlement of all dues.
METHOD OF SELECTION
After scrutinizing the application received from the candidates, eligible candidates will be called for an interview. The right of selection is reserved with the management.
The candidates are required to produce the original records and certificates at the time of interview. No candidate will be admitted to the School unless he/she is found physically fit to receive training.
The duration of the course shall be for Three complete academic years.
A candidate should undergo the course of instruction in the following subjects.FIRST YEAR
Sl.No. Subject Theory (Hours) Practical (Hours) 1
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- First Aid
200 (Lab) | 680 (Clinic)
Community Health Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Environmental Hygiene
- Health Education & Communication skills
30 - 6
15 15 7
Total Hours of First Year
Sl.No. Subject Theory (Hours) Practical (Hours) 1 Medical Surgical Nursing - I 120 800
2 Medical Surgical Nursing -II 120 3 Mental Health Nursing 70 320
4 Child Health Nursing 70 320
5 Co-curricular Activities 20 -
Total Hours of Second Year
1840THIRD YEAR Part-I
Sl.No. Subject Theory (Hours) Practical (Hours) 1 Midwifery and Gynaecological Nursing 140 560
2 Community Health Nursing - II 90 560
3 Co-curricular 10 -
Total Hours of Third Year
960THIRD YEAR Part-II (Integrated Supervised Internship)
Sl.No. Theory Subject Theory Hours 1 Nursing Education 20 2 Introduction to Research & Statistics 30 3 Professional Trends & Adjustment 30 4 Nursing Administration and Ward Management 40
Total Hours of Theory
Sl.No. Clinical Areas Clinical Hours / Week 1 Medical Surgical Nursing 288 (6 Weeks) 2 Community Health Nursing 288 (6 Weeks) 3 Child Health Nursing 96 (2 Weeks) 4 Midwifery and Gyenacological Nursing 384 (8 Weeks) 5 Mental Health Nursing 96 (2 Weeks)
Total Hours of Clinical Access